Thursday, January 21, 2010

We Got Mail!

Yay! It was so good to hear from Elder Connole. He has been in the MTC for just over a week today! He sounds happy and doing well! Here's what he has to say:


So first P-day today! Been here for just over a week but it really seems to be like I've always been here. The daily routine keeps me really busy, which is good because then I don't have time to miss home and what not. I only have about a 1/2 hour on p-day to email so its best if I get letters if you want personalized letters back.

So Mom I need my sd card because without it my camera can only hold like 8 pictures. And also the cable that came with it so I can upload and attach photos. I totally forgot to grab it so I hope you can find it...it should be near my computer spot. If not I can print photos directly from the sd card here at the mtc.

Lets see, so checking in went smoothly, nothing real exciting happend, except when all the new missionaries went to a welcome meeting. At the very end of it, Elder Holland made a surpise visit and talked to us for a bit. He told us that we are apostles of Christ. (notice that apostles is not capitalized) because we are special witnesses of Christ. That was really awesome.

My companion is Elder Light, he has been living in Alaska the last two years, but lived in Kingman, AZ until he graduated from High school. He's really cool, and a tad shy. But he is so humble and his prayers are awesome. He struggles a bit with the language as well but we're working with him

My district gets along really well. We work really hard and all help each other learn the lessons and spanish. I have ended up being the go-to guy for all things spanish since I have the most experienec with it and it comes pretty natural to me, which I'm very grateful for. I'm glad I can help out the rest of the guys and it also helps me to remember and retain the spanish as I teach them.

We have lots of classes and lots of study time. So I'm learning a ton of different things. I've started speaking spanish as much as I can, and started reading the Book of Mormon in spanish. Its amazing how much the Lord helps me to understand the language.

On sunday we had a devotional that was really good, but the speaker went more than 1/2 hour longer than he was supposed to. It was Elder Evans of the 70. The I liked the most that he said that as missionaries we are entitled to promise blessings to our investigators. He also said we should use the Book of Mormon as much as we can while teaching.

Gym is my favorite part of the day, but no surprise there lol. I've played volleyball everytime and I've gotten really good at setting and blocking people. I've stuffed some pretty good spikers which feels great to do. Elder Light played basketball in high school so he is really good at it and plays that.

I have so much to say and next time I'll be better prepared to write everything. But I'm running out of time, so to wrap up, thanks for all the letters and I'm doing great, the food is pretty good usually and Its snowed like 4 times already...I hate that. Oh well. But I'm enjoying myself and keep on writing me.

I love you all
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment