Monday, February 14, 2011

Rainy Days & Miracles

I always share my pics because everyone loves seeing such a huge family.
So I got transferred...which is why im writing so late. and because I just got calledas a zone leader! WHA? yeah it was a total surprise because just last week the was zone leader conference in which all soon to be called as zone leaders went to, but I didnt go. But at 1 am this morning guess what I get a call and the zone leaders tell me that im heading to manual prado, (which is in arequipa and is the zone with the most missionaries in the mission) to be a zone leader. Another funny thing is that my comp is E. Frias who was in the CCM with me. He is awesome and I cant wait to get to work with him.
Anways this last week I think for E. Muñoz and I our hard diligence despite the contstant rain finally started paying dividends as we found 6 new families to teach. Seriously a miracle because I dont think Ive found 6 families in a whole transfer up until yesterday. 4 of these families are really quite amazing and i believe they have some good potential to get baptized.
One family in particular came to church all by themselves and we had never even talked to them. turns out that they have been having a lot of struggles lately and they decided to come to church in search of blessings from God and just try to get closer to Him. They used to just live together in the house of the wife{s mom but the mom kicked the husband out because of some bad habits and idk what else. (that mom is lds) anyways they felt the need to come to church and so they did with their 2 little kids. E. Muñoz and I just figured that they were less actives but the bishop thankfully told us that they aren{t members and that we should teach them.
We had an extremely spirtual expierence therein the class room as we explained to them the blessings of living the restored gospel and the blessings of making the baptismal covenant with our HF. just such an intense expirience as the spirit testified to this struggling couple that God loves them and that this is the right path for them. They accepted a baptismal date right away and the dad got extremely emotional during the closing prayer that he gave. very heartfelt.
love ya
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment