Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Frisbee in Peru?

Last week after emailing you we went to a park to hang out and there was a british woman there, so Elder Kearl (the only other American in the district) and i talked to her about the church a little be and gave her the website of www.mormon.org, it was kinda funny because her name is Kate Monson so she was quite surprised when we told her who the Prophet is. Also come to find out that she plays ultimate! so Kearl and I threw the disc around with her for a bit too, but it was really nice to talk in english and to talk about ultimate with somebody who actually played it. I taught her how to do a vegetable duel and she said she is totally going to use it when she returns home. it was also funny to listen to E. Kearl speak in english, he kept forgetting words or would just automatically use a spanish one and then correct himself.

We have a couple kids that we are teaching Jessica and Andre but since they are under age they need parental permission to baptize them, they have a strong testimony and are so ready for baptism but we can´t get permission from the Dad yet.

As far as GC went I listened to all 5 sessions, but the morning sessions I listened in spanish, so I didn´t get too much out of them. I noticed there was a lot of talks about parenting and keeping the youth on track, which made me glad I have good parents who do that. I really liked E. Bednar´s talk about the three things you can do to be a bettter parent and I thought I could also apply it in my lessons with investigators too.

Yesterday morning we went to a like village association meeting and we spoke in front of about 160 or so people, invited them all to the conference and bore our testimonies about prophets. I hope that the seeds we planted will grow into a desire to listen to the restored gospel. I love sharing what I know and everyone really thinks its fun to listen to a North American white kid that speaks ok spanish. They really appreciate me learning their language to bring them this message that I know can help them.

I love you all and I hope Easter and conference went well

Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment