Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Stuff from Peru

No package yet, how did you send it again? I forget...if it wasnt via USPS its nigh on impossible to get it the other american elder just told me the other the day

I have another package request and that would be if I could get another ultimate disc, it doesnt have to be anything special but i would like one. Im going to have all my companions sign one and then have the other to play with.

Heritage will be fun for bub, I honestly loved being at wyview, the distance wasnt really to big of a problem, but the most important thing is being able to make good friends and if you have a good ward all the better.

As far as college costs go I didn´t spend much on transportation because I had that bus pass that i got for like $100 that lasted a year and then I always had friends who were willing to give me rides to go eat or to the movies. The biggest thing was food outside of my meal plan. Like on dates or just going to dennys at 2 am. That was a lot of money. I was able to buy a lot of my personal stuff that i needed with my meal plan and I spent some money on like movies but it was usually at the dollar theater. And mormor took pretty good care of me with a lot of other random stuff I needed, but yeah the biggest thing was eating out a lot , that was took up a lot of my spare cash.

I got a ton of dear elders this week so thank you to everyone, I´ll write everyone back as soon as I can manage. Speaking of which, Mom I have a favor to ask, Im gonna send all the letters to the USA in one big package to you and then if you could send them all out every which way. Because it costs me about $2 to send a letter to the states, so it´ll be cheaper to just send a manilla envelope to you. Don´t worry I´ll address them and what not all you gotta do is stamp em and send em.

Elder Cedron and I have been getting a lot more baptismal dates but we cant get hardly anyone to come to church, it sucks. There are a lot of families that we are teaching that have a lot of conflicts or deaths in the family and so we teach them, help them and a lot of them do their prayers and reading but they won´t come to church!!! argh! We had a multizone conference on friday and they talked a lot about working with members and getting baptisms, apparently last month the entire mission only got like 12 baptisms which is fairly pathetic around here. so they focused a lot on we aren´t here just to help people live better lives, we are here to help them with the covenants to enter in the kingdom of God, there is no other church that can do this because we are the only ones with the priesthood.

Fried Bananas are most excellent as are (I know you are going to believe this) Onions with lime and something else, I´m not sure what

Love ya!

Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment