Monday, May 24, 2010

Pics & More!

Here are pictures of his living quarters. Patrik's 2 y/o brother was fascinated to see Patrik's toe in this pic. Is this something you really should show to your mother?
How cute, he has pics his siblings colored on the wall.
Party outside their apartment.
Lightsaber pic. ??
Which way is up?

So the other day E. Morales and I were working in an area and we decided to stop at a members house, we knocked a couple times but they didn´t answer, but we could hear that they were in there. So Morales yelled ¨Police! Open the Door!¨and out runs 18 year old Willy with his hands in the air shouting ¨I didn´t do it!¨ Oh it was funny and he will never hear the end of it because we had the 2nd counselor of the branch with us. So funny!
Remember the photo I sent of Jessica and Andre? Well they were part of the stake activitiy for Mother´s day, they performed a traditional dance to end it all and it was awesome. I´m going to see if I can get a copy of the video and send it up to you.
And saturday I had another interesting experience, I got on the bus on our way to an appointment and this, I believe he was a Jehovah´s Witness, (And they are no fun to talk to because the KNOW the bible backwards and fowards) recognizes that I´m a missionary and so he decided to start a conversation with me. So he asks me ¨Who is Jehovah?¨
I responded ¨Jesus Christ¨ which he immediatly counters with the typical Jehovah´s witness belief that Jehovah is the Father. So I explained to him that Jehovah means I AM and Christ declares himself to be the great I AM in the scriptures but to no avail. All he wanted to do was argue with me. So I said that I´m not gonna argue with you and left it at that. He then proceeded to ask me question after question about faith and finally went back to the Jehovah just before he exited. It sucked because my companion was sitting in the back and I was in the front so I had no back up.
But afterwards it was way cool because all the other passengers had been listening to me and sympathizing on my side so when he exited I felt prompted to explain our purpose as missionaries to them. I explained that we didn´t want to fight, but just to share what we know is true. then I just started talking about the Gospel and honestly I don´t remember very well what I said but I remember feeling really good, and that after I was done I had people asking me for pamphlets.
That was awesome.
Anyways Im gonna send you some photos now
Love ya, Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment