Monday, September 13, 2010

Companionless

So everybody liked the pics, thanks, they are pretty awesome!
So I am companionless until next wednesday, So I´ve been working with the members and with my DL who is also companionless until then,. But the new companion i´m going to get is gonna be a greenie so I will be training him, ah!!! We´ll see how it goes. It will also be a North American so we´ll see how good his spanish is.
I actually have eaten spaghetti here, they call it tallarín but the sauce they use is way different, its like orangish, but it still tastes good.
I have a ward and a branch, the branch has about 25 or so people that go every sunday, we actually just lost a 19 year old kid afte he comited suicide out of nowhere. Apparently his GF left him, lost his job and was having troubles with non member buddies and parents. So it really hurt a lot because he was friend of mine too.
In the ward there are about 40 or 50 people who go reguarly but they have 600 people on the the roster, so like 550 people are inactive which is really sad, but ufortunately thats the way it works a lot around here.
The weather here is a lot like az and it doesn´t change much. It has gotten a little hotter, but the nights are still chilly and it actually snowed on the mountain tops the other day.
There are actually quite a few sisters in the mission something like 30 of them and about 120 elders,
I´ve gained 4 kilos so like 8 pounds or so but really I don´t feel any difference, te biggest thing I´ve noticed is that everyone thinks I look older, like 23 or so. crap..
We haven´t really gone anywhere else super cool, but in the next couple weeks we are gonna go to a couple turist sights, one place is call the hand of God, which is a tree that has 5 trunks that looks like a hand, my ward mission leader when he served his mission here has pictures of it and it looks pretty cool
I have to see I certainly enjoy the city more, more things to do, And the people here are actually home a lot more because they ae working in the fields all day long. So more people to teach and baptize lol.
I feel fine, this last week was a little bit of a trunkie week because my comp had his bags all packed up and didn´t want to do anything.
On saturday we had a really fun activity where each organization brought a different dessert and the bishopric judged the desserts. The young women won, followed by the young men and then the relief society but it was nice to see the ward repond and bring some references, we got About 5 out of it and about 35 or 40 people showed up.
I almost forgot! We had Elder Christofferson come out and speak to us on tuesday. Wow what an amazing experience! we got to go shake his hand and he reallly helped us get energized and know how to work with our investigators better, with more love and with the spirit.
Love ya, and I wish I had more time to write, but I don´t blech
Elder Patrik Connole
PS I read a Liahona article the other day that said that families should start reading the preach my gospel manual daily with their scripture reading...just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment