Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baptisms & Blessings

Elder Lowe's b-day, with Pension.
The sign
Oh yes! hehehe
Elder Connole, Liz, Elder Lowe
American Cake

I am thankful for,,,baptisms, good companions, the spirit being with me, any and all packages or letters that I recieve, anything that is remotely american, go karts, rock climbing, Predicad Mi Evangelio, el Libro de Mormon, escogidos, salchipapas, arroz verde, lomo saltado, family, and just being here on the mission
Anyways man what a crazy week. Wed, thurs, fri I was at a leadership training meeting from 8 am to 4 pm. Talk about spirtual and information overload! Anyways they told me that I am going to train again (a Latino) and that I am going to go re-open an area. I wasn´t very happy to hear that at first because I would have liked staying here in Villa Hermosa over Christmas and because we have a ton of upcoming baptisms this week and the next and the next. And now I have to go start from scratch. But im alright now because I realize that this is part of God´s plan and he has people preparing to meet me there and I will get to apply everything I just learned at the training thing right from the start. Right now I don´t have a comp because he wont get here until wed. heck I don´t even have a room or anything. so Im just waiting for the assistants to call me and tell me what to do. right now im still with elder lowe and his new comp so we are in a trio...So i don´t know what i´ll be doing for the next couple days..
But we did have a baptism on saturday of Liz! woo! We literally saw miracles happen with her. At first like 4 weeks ago her dad didn´t even want to give her permission to go to church (she is 17) but after praying and fasting he changed his mind completely. Then after she passed her interview on thursday he didn´t want to sign the baptismal record...more prayer...saturday morning we went up early to see if we could talk her dad into signing the darn thing and turns out that Liz had gotten him to sign it! So we looked at it and...he signed the wrong one! so we said a prayer and went to fill the font. Came back and it was all good.
The baptism went great, E. Lowe did it and I did the confirmation on sunday. sunday was nuts we had 12 investigators plus a couple less actives we´ve been working with go to church in all we had 146 people at church! a record! We had 15 people in our Gospel Principles class and its just going so good. I hope E. Lowe´s new comp is grateful for the 5 baptisms he will be having this week. Gah! 5! That is almost as many as I have had in my whole mission! But you know it its alright Im gonna just go to work and i´ll be having some baptisms in the next couple weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment