Monday, November 29, 2010

All is Well

So yeah. Opening an area is not exactly the funnest thing in the world. I´m still in Arequipa but I´m now in Puerta Verde in the Center Stake (Estaca Central) and basically I´m in one of the richest areas here. Most of the houses have intercoms and there are several gated communities. The members fortunately are willing to help out so hopefully we can pump them for references. Our Mission Leader is the bomb so yeah we are gonna just go to work

Monday since I didn´t have a comp, or an area, or a pension or anything lol so I chilled with my old zone until they figured out what do do with me. Haha. Tuesday was spent in trio all day and Wednesday I went to go get my newbie. There they informed me that I still didn´t have a room or anything so my comp and I went the assitants to find one. We searched for like 3 hours and couldn´t find anything within our price range. blah. So we went and chilled in the mission house until we figured out what to do. It was great! ate good food, played ping pong, played with his 4 year old son but I´m pretty sure my comp was very confused. After that we just decided to go to one of the rooms that was a little more expensive than what we wanted but cheap enough that it was alright. They aren´t members so now we are teaching them and wow they are awesome, they have a lot of questions but they are awesome.

Anyways by the time we got everything into the room ( we showed up with 8 elders plus the prez) it was about 8:30 at night and by the time we got everything into the room it was about 9:15. And then the president takes us all out to eat lol, at 9:30 at night hahaha, we got back to the room at about 10:20 and we unpacked stuff and put it into place until 11:30 or so. Totally breaking rules left and right but we had the president with us so I think it was alright. lol

So other than that we´ve just been trying to figure out where we are and where the members are and what not.

Elder Lowe called me and said that 2 of the kids we had been teaching got baptized on saturday one kid (bruno) we just barely met like 3 weeks ago and the other was Fabricio that just need to come to church and he would be good to go. and they should have a couple more coming up. Just gotta do the same here now

Love ya!

Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment