Monday, January 3, 2011

15 Minute Blessing!

Thanks for all the pics. I can hardly keep up with everyone! They are all changing so fast! Especially the youngest ones. I also can´t believe that I´ve been out for almost a year!
Anyways all this week once again I went to training meetings for 3 days at 8 hours each day. But this time it was because I´m gonna be a new District Leader...which is a kinda scary thought but I know it will be good for me because whenver I´m put in more leadership type situations I usually do better. Presidente Fernandez talked a lot about how we as leaders need to be the examples. Its gonna be hard because like literally every single on of our investigators except for 1 went on vacation...actually wait one family came back today so I guess we´ll see. We´ve started contacting like crazy though and we´ve found quite a few people that have some potential
The 9 year old that we baptized last week got confirmed yesterday and the mom was sooooooo emotional. Hahaha I don´t blame her too much though because she has been waiting a long time so that her son could go through with this step that is so important in his life.
I´m staying here in my area with E. Muñoz which means that if we make it all the way through this transfer together it would be the first time in all my mission that I´ve had the same companion for more than one transfer.
Oh that reminds me, the other elder that I trained, (Elder Lowe) yeah he was there at the training meeting too because he is now training and he also is a DL! What a power house!
We had an intersesting expierence the other day we were contacting and we knocked on a door and out came an older gentleman. Really nice but agnostic and he said that he didn´t want to talk to us because he thought he would make us agnostic too which he didn´t want to do lol. Poor guy he was miserable. But anyways we talked to him for a little bit and as we were talking the guy´s younger brother showed up with all his family on a visit. The brother invited us in and we taught them the first lesson and challenged that whole family to be baptized which they accepted! Only problem...they live in another area...whole different stake...but we are gonna send the missionaries over as fast as possible! (the agnostic guy still didn´t wanna listen but it was a very interesting way for the Lord to present us a family who was ready to listen to the gospel)
You may notice that this letter is a bit longer than normal and its because...we now have 45 min of computer time!!!! YAY!!! So really 15 min makes a HUGE difference. I´ll try to be even more detailed in the future with some more stories and more pics and what not. Oh and if we behave ourselves next month he might extend it to an hour! That´d be so awesome.
So thats all for this week, remember that prayer is powerful and that if you ask you shall recieve, so ask for the good righteous things that you really need. The Book of Mormon is amazing and should be read daily and even more important you need to apply what is written there because it was written for our time and for us. Heaven Father loves us and he wants for all his children to return to his presence and only throught the restored gospel is that possible
Love,
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment