Monday, December 27, 2010

Baptism, Sickness & Christmas








Don´t worry about it. It was a lot of fun to hear you guys too. On mothers day I think the reception will be better if we did it night on mother´s day. I miss you guys a lot
I totally forgot to mention that the day before christmas we had a baptism! So here are some pics! 9 year old Sebastian Calderon he is from a part member family, the dad isnt a member but he was so excited to get baptized.
The night before the mission our ward mission leader went to fill up the ba`ptismal font and he overfilled it and flooded the chapel. hahahahaha so we went early and cleaned the whole chapel up for about 2 hours and refilled the font. When the Calderon family arrived we couldn´t find any baptismal clothing for a 9 year old. finally after a half hour of looking we found some small white pants and heis grandma brought a white shirt. so an hour a nd a half late we start the service and it went smoothly
Christmas was nice to call and hear everyone, but after that we went out to work which wasnt all that cool. Nobody wanted to talk with us. blech. whatevs we were obedient and we will be blessed for it.
Sunday was tough to get people to come to church. we only had 2 investigators show up. and to make it even worse the Calderon family had some problems in the morning and couldn´t make it to sacrament meeting. ARGH!!! His mom is a returned missionary and so is his uncle, and they couldn´t even make it to the sacrament meeting!!!!! So we will just have to confirm him next week.
oh yeah and before all that stuff I was sick in bed tuesday, wednesday and thursday which really sucked but at least now I´m like ready to go to work full time and I feel really healthy. My pensionist is now giving me what she is calling a "bland diet" which means, rice, potatoes and chicken and pretty much nothing else. its a good thing I like bland food right!
Did you get the letters yet?
I got a package from Grandma Judy just now so send her my thanks for the treats. and the powdered gatorade, that made me really happy.
Love
Elder Patrik Connole


No comments:

Post a Comment