Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Looking Ahead

So Im assuming that the weekly email must have either gotten lost or it just hasnt arrived yet. I need a favor from you. I need you to call up BYU and see what all needs to go on so that I can get back to school. But I think there may be a problem because my return date is the 18th of Jan. but school should start somewhere around the 5th. I talked to Presidente Fernandez about it briefly and he said that I can go home a couple weeks early if need be to get home for school, but I would like stay and finish up the full 24 months if possible. So if you could find out if its possible that I just stay here to finish out my mission and I just end up going to spring term (which starts in late april or something like that). Idk if I would need to call them or what. Anyways what would be ideal is if you could have that info by mothers day when I call and we cna talk about it then and there. Anyways we didnt get to go out and work very much this week because we had zone leader council on tuesday which meant all day monday was spent getting prepared for it and tuesday was spent all day sitting down lisiting to the pres. and we didnt work sunday very much because it was election sunday and its against the law to go out and have meetings during the elections. And Thursday we went to a baptismal interview like 35 min away and so we didnt work much that day either. But in the little time that we did have we had 3 really fun experiences. The first one was on wed. morning we went knocking doors and finally came to a 16 year old kid named Javier. He professes to be atheist but we gave it to him good with Alma 30 (Story of Korihor) and he committed to pray and ask God if he exists. We found him again on sunday, actually we were walking down the street and he spotted us, came over and told us that he received an answer that God exists and he wants us to come and teach him! way cool. Then on Saturday night we were on splits with the members from 530 to 900 and at about 6 it started to rain, the ward mission leader and I toughed it out for like an hour and a half without much success. Then finally at 8 we had an apt with a lady E. Frias and I contacted a couple days back and she was there with her whole family, we committed them to being baptized and it was so awesome because they all accepted. They just gotta get married first. Then Sunday night we went to the house of an investigator we had been teaching for a while and we know that he has felt the spirit but he wont accept it. he is the only non member in the family and is the dad. Turns out that he got apendicitis and is now a lot more humble. We are gonna pass by every day to visit him and he will be baptized soon Love ya Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment