Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week 3 Peru MTC

Ok so hopefully the pictures go through this time. I got an SD card so I can take a lot of pictures now.

Adjustments in spanish are still continueing. I can understand or get what they are trying to say to me a lot of the time. Just a matter of getting a bigger vocab and adjusting to the speed. several of the natives and one of my teachers told me I speak better spanish than a lot of the Elders who have been in the field for a month. So I guess when I get out there I'll be to get right to work.

Yogurt? We have really runny yogurt almost every day for breakfast, but sometimes I don't eat it. I'll have to keep it in mind though.

Apparently the mail is kinda hit and miss so if I don't get something or you don't get something of mine, I apoligize in advance. I haven't received any letters yet. So for now I'll just be waiting...

I hate missing the olympics. but sounds like USA is representin' pretty well for us.

As far as other things are going we have been teaching a lot of the other missionaries and teachers which is great because it helps my spanish a lot and its good experience. Sometimes ts a bit of a struggle because I can't always answer how I want to and sometimes my companion just takes over, but we are working on it.

Saturday we actually went out to a stake and were supposed to go teach and invite some less active members to come to church. My group consisted of me, my companion, my teacher, the bishop's daughter and two elderly brethren who spoke so softly that my teacher, companion and I couldn´t understand. Especially not me. We actually didn't find any of the inactives due to a variety of things, so basically 3 and half hours of walking. Finally when we were about to be done, a 20 year old guy came out of now where and was just super excited to talk to the "Misioneros Mormones" so my companion and I gave him a BOM and bore our testimony and share Moroni's promise with him. He also said he would go to church. I don't know whether or not he did, but it felt good to teach somebody something.

The people here live in the humblest homes I've seen. Mom you would hate it. They are all cramped up right next to each other, and there are little shops everywhere.

Oh yeah and as I was walking around, there were a couple instances of people whistling and shouting ¡Gringo! at me. it was funny and kind of embarrassing at the same time.

Sunday I was really sick, and I stayed in bed all day. But I got a blessing and half way through Monday I was feeling fine. Now I feel totally back to normal.

Today we went to 'Interpol' or International Police, where they finger printed us and checked our teeth and put us in their system just in case. That took forever so we werent able to go to the temple.

My companion and a quite a few other Latinos got to go for the first time. I'm sure it was quite an experience for them.

I only sent 5 pictures and I'll have more next time. I hope they get to you. {Rats! Only 2 came through and I already had those!}

Love ya,
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment