Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pizza Hut?

I believe this is Elder Connole with his mission companion from Argentina.

Sorry this is late,

We had an awesome day yesterday! There were only 7 of us Americans in the CCM so the president took us out to Pizza Hut and then we spent the day sight seeing. It was awesome. Like so cool!

Thanks for the ward updates, and I sent you an updated address. Hopefully that gets through. Apparently its tough to get letters here at the CCM but in the field it works out fine. And pacakages are fine out in the field as well.

Dad, thanks for the sports updates, I haven´t received any mail yet so I guess we´ll see what happens. Sounds like USA and BYU are doing well. And it sounds like you are throughly enjoying you job. How´s the house search?

So Bub got in! YAY! and woah. wait. Sticky is so not graduating before I get back...he is far too young...lol. I guess the real question would be if he wants to room with me and a bunch of RMS.

The rope incident (see picture in previous post) occured because I was racing some other Americans, and I was like 4 inches behind him so I gave it a power burst, not realizing that the fence was there...and I still didn´t beat him. grr.

I´ve turned into the number guy to turn to for spanish speaking help. Yesterday we also got legalized to live in Peru and while we were there some of the other elders got iinto a conversation with somebody. And when they figured out they couldn´t carry on a conversation they dragged me over to talk to him. It was kinda funny. The guy was like "oh I know the BOM is true, but I can´t accept your religion because all the names are egyptian" So after a fairly long conversation, I challenged him to read it again and pray about it, so he could get a true conversion...We´ll see if anything turns out because of it.

On saturday during proselyting, we had the opportunity to talk to a lady who we had talked to the week before, and this time we attempted to give her a Book of Mormon. After some discussion about it I felt prompted to read her something from the book. I had know idea what, but I opened the book and I just knew she needed to hear 3 Nephi 27:13. I hadn´t even studied that verse at all, I had no idea what it said until we read it outloud. But it ended up being the deciding factor on her taking the book. It felt sooo good do that.

I got a new companion today, because the other left to Bolivia, I met him briefly and he speaks CLEAR SPANISH!!! Oh my gosh! I´m so excited that I´ll be able to understand my companion this go around. because last time my comp had the thickest accent ever. Like that Argentinian accent was so hard to understand.

I think thats it I´m tying to send pictures, 172 an hour is so not very much time. and I´m not sure if I can recieve them. (Not sure what 172 an hour means. Anyone else know? I received two pictures this go around and 1 of them I already had!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment