Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Still Immersed

What he looked like after the birthday cake and egg smearing. Nearly the whole district.


Eating guinea pig.




So my my pension is quite aweosome, its the 2nd counselor in the stake presidency and he is a dessert chef. yep. I´m gonna gain some weight this transfer. lol. He´s super tall, like a good couple inches taller than me, and loves basketball. He asked me if I could ask you to send him like video recordings of NBA games, and he said he´d pay to get them, and to ship them here. So idk if you can dow anything about that or not.

My district is entirely Latino other than me, so I won´t be speaking much english for a while. I speak a little bit of it with my companion while he´s trying to learn, its really funny because in english we have a ton of sounds that they can´t pronounce. Like right now he´s trying to learn the er sound, like nerd, and it always comes out like uhhh. its sooo funny.

We found a family this week and had a funny experience. In this family there are the grandparents, 3 aunts and a couple granddaughters. Anyways one of the aunts is super catholic and very loud about it. One of the granddaughters is about 18 and she´s a bit rebelious, as in she wears short shorts, has mulitiple piercings, stuff like that. Anyways we asked them to read the Book of Mormon because it was the Word of God and this lady literally shouts at her niece, ¨You hear that? Listen to these young man, they know the Word!¨Read this book you sinner!¨ Oh it was sooo funny. The poor girl was so embarrassed.

We have a possible baptism this week, I´ll let you know if it goes through or not, his name is Marco Antonio and he´s solid so I´m pretty sure it´ll be good.

It gets cold here at night, so I´ve resorted to wearing my thermals under my white shirt so I don´t freeze.

I´m gonna send you some pics now
Love ya,
Elder Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment