Monday, June 7, 2010

He's Alive!

{I edited out a few personal things here, so if some of this doesn't seem to flow quite right, that is why.}

Hey, I´M ALIVE!!!!
I couldn´t access my myldsmail email for the last bit. They just got it back up and running. {...} So much frustration. Still no baptisms either.
Thanks so much for all the pictures, and the sports updates. {...}
On the bright side I am no longer in Moquegua, I got transferred to Selva Alegre, which is part of Arequipa, its SOOOO much bigger than Moquegua, its ridiculous. Malls everywhere the houses actually look like houses instead of bamboo huts or adobe shacks. My new companion is Elder Chaca from Lima, Peru. Its his last transfer so my new job is to keep him from going trunkie LOL. My district is only 4 elders and 2 sisters. I already knew the sisters because one was in the CCM with me and the other was in Moquegua with me my first transfer. The ride was about 4 hours in a bus from 630 to 1030, but I´m here safe and sound.

Lets see, I don´t have my camera nor my journal which I usually bring, but next week I will. So I don´t remember super well everything that has gone on the last three weeks. HEre are a few highlights that I do remember. For my birthday, I got cake in the face, followed by 6 eggs and probably a pound of flour. I have a picture I´ll send later on that will make you laugh because its pretty ridiculous how messy I am.
Other than my birthday things were pretty normal, we taught lessons, walked a lot, we´ve been having more success bringing people to church, I think we averaged around 5 or 6 the last couple weeks. We just started teaching a guy who is dating, but not living with (which would be totally normal here) an LDS gal in another ward, and wants to be baptized asap, he´s come to church without us doing anything the last 2 weeks as well so we only need to get the lessons taught and baptize him.

{We went for over 3 weeks without any new news either in the mail or via email, so it was so good to hear from him again! From a snail mail letter also received today, we learned that he and his companion have been teaching a couple of teenagers with some success in getting them to church and wanting baptism. Will keep you posted. They also had the opportunity to teach their bishop which he found to be a bit intimidating even though the bishop is only in his 30's... As he says, "I mean it's the bishop, right?!"}

No comments:

Post a Comment