Monday, December 6, 2010

Getting Underway

Yes I bruised myself again because we were playing basketball and here in peru all the basketball hoops are a combo goal and hoop deal. so I was following my guy as he was driving to the hoop and I overran and hit a post leaving me with a dead arm all the rest of day and nice bruise for a couple weeks.
What I meant was that after spending all day at the mission house without having any sort of room, we decided to go rent a house where the people are not members. Its a little interesting because they don´t understand all the rules or anything. They often find our schedule rather strange and they always have a bunch of wordly distractions going on. Almost everyday when we go out to proselyte after studying they are playing american music which I just can´t help but enjoy a little bit.
No I didn´t do anything at all to celebrate thanksgiving. LIke I hardly even remebered that it was thanksgiving. dang it.,,We were just so busy trying to get everything jumpstarted so that we can start having some success. So yeah. And the ZLs are being slow with the letters again so I´m sorry but thats just how it goes here sometimes.

Let Mormor know I got a package from her. With everything in it.
Hey how long does it normally take for the letters to get to you. From what I can gather it seems about a week and half to 2 weeks right?
Thanks for the pics! Sean is sooo tall!! and Wynter and Aidan are cute little bugs. I wasn´t able to listen to the audio, but i´m sure it was great.
And Idk about the mp3 I totally didn´t bring the cord for it haha. And the only things we are allowed to listen to are Motab and Hymns. Heck even then we can only listen on p-days. The president has gone kinda nutso becuase we aren´t baptizing like he has been wanting. 82 baptisms in november is not a lot for 164 missionaries. So he has been taking away a lot of stuff. We can´t get together to eat lunch on pday, we cant leave our zone. we cant do anything remotely entertaining other than soccer or volleyball (aka no go karts, rock climbing, sight seeing etc). So those of us who have been working hard and seeing the results because of it are really quite frustrated with those that aren´t
This week was once agian spent looking. Looking for members, investigators, less actives and leadership. We have been getting a lot of support from the members, (aka 6 references!!!!!) so we are very grateful for that and we had 3 investigators at church! Pretty exciting for only having been here for a couple weeks. Our main problem here is that right now everyone that we could be teaching are either crammed at work because its almost holiday season or they are crammed at school with exams or their kids are crammed at school with exams...ugh. Nobody has time!!!
Whatever I´ll just keep working, we have a few prospects that could get baptized here in a couple week and some of the references we´ve gotten have very good potential. We also are very excited that this ward is a lot more involved than other wards we have seen. They are willing to go to appointments with us, go on splits, go get people that want to come to church and actually have plans to get this area going. We are hoping by the end of this transfer we will be going good. The ward is chock full of RMs and tons of RS and quite a few young guys that are preparing to go.
Anyways enjoy the christmas season, I really miss the family traditions but I´m here doing the Lords work and very quickly I´ll be back!
Love you
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment