Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Not Typical

Weeeellllll.....turns out that I only got halfways better...on Tuesday I got sick again so this time I went to a doctor, yeah it was pretty bad. Turns out I had an infection in my intestines that had been a problem for a well, so they games me some pills put me on a very boring diet (chicken and rice with nothing else) for 3 days and now I think I´m good to go.

So today for the 4th of July, President Fernandez has invited all the zone leaders to a soccer game and a barbeque. SWEET! Its gonna be great!

Anyways so since this week my comp and I were both sick we didnt get all that much work done. But we had a couple fun experiences in the little time that we did have. We started visiting a family whose daughter is a new convert and it seems to me like the elders before us thought that they werent married and just living together, BUT after a closer examination they are civily married but not married by the Catholic Church separately. So after finding this out we surprised them by challenging to get baptized on the 9th. They definitely were not expecting that, they thought that maybe in a like 2 years they would get baptized. Anyways they are gonna think and pray about it and hopefully we will be able to get them dunked soon. I really believe so. Their names are Roberto and Lourdes.

Another cool experience that we had was on Saturday. We had contacted a family a few days back and went back to visit them. The mother, Julia, let us in and the basically forced her 18 year old son out of his room to come and listen to us. That is something that very rarely happens her in Peru. Most parentes are not very imposing on their kids after they turn about 12. Anyways grumbling 18 year old Frank came out and told us very flatly that he didnt want to be there and he didnt believe in God or anything. We knew that was a lie but we just started talking to the kid and seeing what he likes to do. Turns out he is a break dancer and so I was able to tell him about Dad and Bub and my comp also dances too. So he really opened up and we were able to commit both of them both to baptism. The mom bawled in her prayer and told God thanks for sending us to bless her.

Love ya

Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment