Monday, March 22, 2010

In the Field!

Yep out in the field in a little town called Belen, in the district of Maquegua. Obviously my pday has changed to monday and usually this email will go out a little earlier if my comp ever figures out how to be on time. His name is Elder Cedron from Trujillo Peru has a couple younger siblings and is 27. Yep 27. He´s also the district leader here so he has a lot of work to do.

As far as the the people go they are pretty great and are excited to have a gringo here to teach them english, which i´lll do starting every wednesday night. The ward and branch we work with are small (like 30 people in the branch and 80 in the ward). And we have a tough time getting people to come to church. but we´ll be patient and just keep trying.

The food has been pretty good, different but good. The weather here is a lot like AZ, just hot but its been a lot windier. Im gonna take some pictures for next time but this time you´ll have to do with out because i didn´t grab my camera. The scenery is similiar to AZ, but more green and more hills. But the mountains are just like AZ.

I didn´t grab my journal either so I don´t remember what all I was gonna say...sorry!Lets see Oh yes I got Dearelders from Dad, S, E Nichols and Aunt K. I got a physical letter from R Merril and Sister O. Its tough to get and send a lot of emails since my time is limited. So regular mail works better.
If you want to send it through pouch here´s the addres:
PERU AREQUIPAPO
Box 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150

I´m not sure what all the rules are with that (see side bar for info on pouch)
Or you can send it through the peru mail system which is slower but I know you can only send packages that way,
Elder Patrik Connole
PERU AREQUIPA
Edificio el Peru
Avenida el Ejercito 710, Oficina 7031
CAYMA AREQUIPA PERU

I think there are some other addresses that work as well

Lets see my Spanish to English dictionary got jacked and I doubt I´ll find one here so if you could get me one that would be awesome! also any food you send to me I will be extremely grateful for. Hint hint ;).

And bub is leaving tomorrow??? Good luck my brother!

Sounds like W is growing up far to quickly! And M too! I miss those little squirts!But anyways yeah I´m here safe, loving it and hoping to get some baptisms going here pretty quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment