Monday, March 22, 2010

Last Week at CCM

I was under the impression that you were moving sooner than that still, thanks for the housing update!


Yay for Nana! thats awesome! She´ll have a lot of fun with that! and I´ll definitely keep Grandma Bessie in my prayers, hopefully everything goes well with that.


Tell Bub and Sticky good luck on their Eagle Projects! Thats way awesome that they got them under way.


And I had no idea the Heywoods were even adopting a second Russian daughter, I only thought there was one!


So um yeah, basically my email next week will be out in the field! crazy huh? I leave on tuesday! Its seriously come up far to fast!


So lets see whats been happening, we´ve had a psycho crazy military sergeant for a gym teacher, and since he was so aggressive a lot of elders (myself included) got really really hyped up for the soccer game afterwards and it left a bad taste in our mouths afterwards because it tourned into all about winning rather than having a good time. So the ZLs talked to the president and this last time out it was much better.

I got tto throw the disc around a bit with some of the other Americans, it was nice to just throw it around a bit.

As far as spanish goes I have been translating every sacrament, devotional and fireside for the last couple weeks and its gone really well, just a few words here and there that I had no idea on so I couldn´t get what the speaker was talking about. fortunately I usually have someone beside me to look up words and help me out. When I went to the Temple today I was able to understand most all of the session so that also felt good.


The past week I´ve been looking up characteristics of Captain Moroni, and I found something very interesting. Right after the verse that says "if all men were like unto Moroni..." it mentions a few people that were also like unto Moroni, such as Ammon, Alma the Younger, Helaman and some others. It was quite interesting to see that and then I looked up about 60+ chararcteristics of these men so that I could try to emulate them.


Saturday as usual was crazy. We went to our Proselitismo with the inactive members, and my darn companion wouldn´t let me get a word in edge wise. So we had a talk about that after we were done. This time around we went to a much richer area of Lima. No dirt floors, paved streets, it was much better, and yet still way worse than most of America.

Yesterday during futbol I scored an unassisted goal! woot! I couldn´t hardly believe it! there were a bunch of people crowded around the ball trying to ´clear´it and got a ahold of it , and kicked it right past the goalie´s left shoulder, and that was to tie the game up! It was so sweet!

Sounds like sports are going good too, thanks for the olympics updates and the pro team updates as well. Sounds like the Cards are gonna have an interesting year coming up.
Love you all!
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment