Monday, October 4, 2010

Baptism Pictures

Maria hugging Dad after baptism.
The whole family.

My comp and my ward mission leader.

So whats up with not having tv? wow. thats lame. But we will be able to watch the conference on sunday only, saturday is just another normal day for us. but still, a day off is a day off.

So we had change of plans and we went through with the baptism on thursday and she got confirmed on sunday! way cool! It was a very cool baptism because she got baptized by her brother and the spirit was very strong she bore her testimony in sacrament meeting and wow it was great. We had a couple other investigators at sacrament meeting one of whom is about ready to get baptized (Karen) and her mom was there and when we asked them how they felt during the confirmation they said that the felt it was true and they felt something special! YES! Progress!

Yesterday it was kinda funny because we were doing our missionary coordination meeting and we told him we put a baptismal date on this one lady that has been listening to the missionaries off and on for like 7 years, we told him that it was easy to get people to commit and he didn´t believe us so he was like, well put one on my mother in law. and after 15 minutes we did so! Haha he was quite amazed.

My new comp, Elder Lowe is from New Mexico, he´s great! really well prepared to teach and everything and he is really excited to be on the mission. He played football in highschool as a running back. And he is the very first missionary in his family so pretty cool.
Training is way different from what i was expecting. When I was getting trained we always did practices and I never understood why, but now I do. They really help. More than anything I have to set the example and show him how to be a good missionary rather than just telling him. I also have to teach him how to teach and contact and work with the members and everything! its a lot of work but its also a lot of fun I really enjoy it. and we are working hard ot get the area back into shape after it kind of fell apart with me not really having a companion or anything.

Anyways I´m doing awesome, learning how to teach by the spirit and lead by example, I´m gonna send some pics of the baptism.

Love ya,
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment