Monday, October 11, 2010

Week of October 11

So we watched conferance again this week, but this time in english so we both got a lot more out of it. I´m pretty sure this was one of the best conferences I´ve seen. I think it may have just been because I have the Spirit a lot more with me and we were in a room full of missionaries but honestly I learned a ton of stuff. The Priesthood session was awesome! Absolutely awesome and the MTC choir was soooo cool!
So something that I´d want would be like a box of licorice if at all possible. That doesn´t exist here either.
Thank dad for the sports updates me and the gringos were very excited to get them lol, and thanks for the pics, the kids are getting so much bigger!
Anyways this week it was extremely crazy. We started a new way of our weekly planning as a zone and it took about 3 and 1/2 hours instead of 2 hours to do. But it was really good because we were able to plan in a lot more specific and personal way for every investigator that we feel like will be baptized these upcoming weeks.
Speaking of people being baptized we had another baptismal interview for Karen and she was in there for 3 hours and...nothing! Argh! She keeps telling us that she knows its true and that she loves the church, she comes to Sacrament meeting every week and has read 1st Nephi through almost the end of Alma in the BOM. I just really don´t understand what her problem is. She is soooooo ready to be baptized just has to take the step of faith and be dunked! Argh! We´ve planned another interview with the Zone Leaders for this week because she really felt the spirit strongly at General Conference. Her mom was also there and felt good, we think that if we can get the mom excited about being baptized that they will both do it without any problems so we are gonna pass by every day and read the Book of Mormon until she really gets a testimony of it.
We also had something random happen, we happened to pass by during the week in the street by a former investigator and we invited him to the conference without thinking much about it, and HE CAME!! so crazy, we are gonna give him a call today or tomorrow to get him on track to being baptized because he escaped before we had a chance to talk to him lol.
Saturday we ate Domino´s pizza for lunch because we were there as 6 gringos and so we just stayed at the conference center and had it delivered to us. It tasted soooo good! I ate almost a whole box and my comp too. Everyone else was a pansy and could only it like 3 or 4 slices.

We´ve started working with some new families that love the BOM but they have a couple doubts about going to church on sunday because they work from like 7 am to 9 pm every day, (very common here) But we´ll get that resolved asap and good to go.
My comp had a special opportunity to annoint for the very first time in his life, or even take part of a blessing. It was kinda fun because it was obviously in spanish haha. I´m glad I had that expierence of doing it english before my mission than try to do it in spanish.
Anyways I love you all and I´ll be sending off snail mail letters today, Things should start to calm down a bit and get back to missionary standard normal (which is absolutely crazy lol)
Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment