Monday, October 4, 2010

Stepping Things Up a Notch!

Im not surprised that not having tv is not a big deal because really we never watch tv. we are much more creative than that lol. My only thing (and I´m sure for Dad too) would be the sports. Other than that there are a bajillion other things that we can do.

The table is awesome!

Yesterday was pretty amazing because we went to our pension and did absolutely nothing other than watch conference on a 56 inch screen, eat food and play card games. Way nice to get a break and get energized so that we are ready to go get a working in the Lord´s vineyard once again.

On friday we had an emergency zone conference to teach us how to have baptisms every week and to put us on a 3 week teaching schedule for our investigators so that they get baptized but the key to the whole thing is the Spirit which only comes by prayer, obedience and having a missionary mindset all the time. My comp and I are pretty excited for everything thats is coming at us and we are trying to hit it all with as much young missionary energy as possible to get baptisms every week. That is definitely something you can include in your prayers.

Our mission president when he served has as many as 40 people going to church every week and up to 20 baptisms a week! We know its possible but the problem is that we have never seen it done so we don´t know how to do it. So basically we are walking entirely by faith because honestly I don´t know how I´m gonna be able to have that kind of success but I know its possible.

Lets see what else happened this week...oh yeah we planned a specific day and hour that Karen would be baptized, which will be this Friday, but the next day we had an appointment with her and she was just like "I still don´t feel very sure about it. I believe in the BOM and in Joseph Smith and the Church but I want the type of surity and conviction that I see in you" So I taught her (we were on spilts) about the need she has to really just pray, like really pray, and tomorrow we are going to talk about confidince in her decisions. She´s been kinda stressed out for her finals so I can understand that. But she still went the YSA activity and really enjoyed herself so hopefully everything will go good. At the YSA activity they are practicing a dance and we went to see how Karen was doing and we found her mom there, who always goes to church with her and always is present for the lessons but never reads the BOM so we read it with her right then and there and she committed to reading 3 Nephi 11. It was kinda funny because they brought us a huge thing of fries and hotdogs that we were eating while reading the BOM. ( well me and my comp anyways haha)

So thats all for this week,

Love you all and Im praying for all of you constantly!

Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment