Monday, October 25, 2010

Baptizing Karen!





Wow. What a great baptism and confirmation. We seriously witnessed miracles this week. I baptized her and we did it at like 7:00 at night so like it was freeeeezing because our font is outside and it does not have a heater. But honestly I didn´t even feel the cold all that much because of how strong the Spirit was. It was cold enough that I stumbled over her name several times but everything went extremely well. She gave a very good testimony afterwards. I know that the Holy Spirit of Promise was present at the baptism.

Sunday we had her confirmation. Church starts at 8 so we got there right on time with a 9 year old girl and her younger sister of a family that we are teaching then we head off to another kid that wants to be baptized the 6th. about 8:15 or so church actually gets started and right when were about to close the door Karen and her mom show up, phew. Then when we get up to go do the confirmation, 3 more investigators show up. My companion acutally got to do the confirmation like on the spot it was kinda funny because the Stake Presidency was there and the Bishop had to whisper to him the words he needed to say, but after he got through that he gave an amazing blessing that I know that he wasn´t speaking for himself because he doesn´t even remeber what he said and spoke fluent spanish.
But more than anything I felt and all the others felt the Spirit just feel the room so strongly.

Afterwards Karen bore her testimony and it was awesome! When we went to lunch, (our pension is the 2nd counselor in the stake presidency) our pension said that they had never heard or felt such a strong testimony from a brand new member. The whole experience after 4 months or so of working with her, after so many setbacks, we finally made it to our goal. Now we have to work with her family. Her mom is funny.
She says that she knows the church is true and that she feels the spirit strongly in everything that we do, but "I´m Catholic and I´m not ready to change my religion nor do I think I can" AGHHH! So frustrating!

Anyways I´m out of time, but I love you all and thanks for your prayers!

Elder Patrik Connole

No comments:

Post a Comment